University of Prishtina, Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Internet Programming, Summer 2019
Prof. Assoc. Dr. Lule Ahmedi
Consultation hours: Tuesday 10:30-11:00
MSc. Valon Raça
MSc. Korab Rrmoku
Level: Bachelor/mandatory. ECTS credits: 6
Time/Location: Lectures Monday 8:30-10:00 (Year III); 10:30-12:00 (Year II), Classroom 621
This course covers Web programming at the server side, as well as the most recent advanced Web programming concepts and techniques. A preliminary list of topics covered (mostly influenced by the audience):
Basic concepts in PHP. Object-oriented PHP. PHP and regular expressions. PHP and session control, cookie-s. PHP and databases in MySQL. Asynchronous client-server communication: AJAX. Social networking. CSS3 and Mobile Web. CMS. Frameworks. MVC. API-s. Node.js. Security.
Upon completion of this course, students shall be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge on traditional as well as recent technologies on the World Wide Web.
- Design and program rich Web applications at the server side including some basics of Social Web as well as mobile Web.
- Choose the proper architecture, model and behaviour techniques for a given Web application to best suit its domain, as well as driven by the code-reuse (configure rather then program at a whole from the scratch) paradigm in software engineering.
Course syllabus in Shqip (Albanian language) and in English.
- PHP and MySQL Web Development (4th Edition). Luke Welling, Laura Thompson. Addison-Wesley Professional, 2014.
- Fundamentals of Web Development. Randy Connolly, Ricardo Hoar. Pearson, 2014.
- A number of resources on the Web (a Web resources file to provide updated each year to students).
- Week 1:
- Week 2:
- Basic Concepts in PHP.
- Week 3:
- PHP Arrays, Superglobals, and Working with Files.
- Week 4:
- PHP Strings and Regular Expressions.
- Week 5:
- PHP Code Re-use and Functions.
- Week 6:
- Object-Oriented PHP.
Error and Exceptions Handling.
- Week 7:
- PHP and Databases in MySQL.
- Week 8:
- PHP Session Control and Cookie-s.
- Week 9:
- AJAX: Asynchronous Client/Server Communication.
- Week 10:
- Security in PHP.
- Week 11:
- Finally Code Reuse Through Desing Patterns: the MVC Concept.
- Week 12:
- Configuration or Programming: CMS, Frameworks like WordPress or Symfony. API-s.
- Week 13:
- Lifting the Web Application to Social Networks. Integration of Social Networks into the Web Application.
- Week 14:
- Responsive Programming for Shifting to Mobile Devices.
- Week 15: